Stir-fried chicken and prawns with soba noodles and pickled ginger make up this classic Wagamama dish
- 110g (4oz) soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons yaki soba sauce
- 1 small onion, peeled, cut into half-moon slices
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm (1in) lengths
- Large handful of bean sprouts
- 15 small cooked peeled prawns
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
- ½ red pepper, trimmed, deseeded and cubed
- ½ green pepper, trimmed, deseeded and cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 25g (1oz) pickled ginger
- 1 tablespon dried shallots
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- 2. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 3. Put the yaki soba sauce, the onion, spring onion, beansprouts and prawns in a large bowl and mix in the noodles.
- 4. Heat a wok over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking and add the vegetable oil.
- 5. Add the chicken and red and green peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- 6. Add the noodles and vegetables to the woke and stir fry quickly for 3 minutes until warmed through.
- 7. Add the eggs and continue to stir fry for a further minute or until the eggs and just cooked.
- 8. Serve with the pickled ginger, shallots and sesame seeds.