Chicken in a teriyaki sauce served with sticky white rice, shredded carrots, pea shoots and onions, garnished with sesame seeds
- 2 chicken thighs
- 300g short grain rice
- handful of pea shoots
- ½ carrot, grated or julienne
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2tbsp teriyaki sauce
To marinade chicken
- Fresh lemongrass
- Splash of vegetable oil
- Splash of lime juice
- ½ garlic glove
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- 1. Marinade chicken thighs for 1 hour before placing in a hot oven until cooked through.
- 2. Cook rice whilst chicken is cooking.
- 3. Add rice to bowl and place sliced chicken gently on top.
- 4. Drizzle teriyaki sauce over the chicken.
- 5. Add fresh pea shoots, carrot & spring onion to dish.
- 6. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.