Using ice cream, redcurrants and mint, this classic Wagamama dessert is sure to impress your friends at your next dinner party
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large bananas, peeled but left whole
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Few sprigs of redcurrants
- Sprigs of mint
- 1. Place the flour in one bowl, the beaten egg in another and the breadcrumbs in a third. Dip the bananas first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs until coated. Put 5cm (2in) of the vegetable oil in a pan and heat to 180°C (350°F), or until a cube of bread added to the oil browns in 30 seconds.
- 2. Deep fry the bananas for 3-4 minutes or golden brown. Remove carefully with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and dust with icing sugar.
- 3. Divide between 2 plates and serve with the ice cream. Decorate with some redcurrants mint. Enjoy!