A real showstopper, this Crispy Giant Gnocchi with Truffle and Grana Padano Cheese Sauce is one gloriously cheesy dish that’s bound to impress your guests this summer
For the Gnocchi
- 2 kg potatoes
- 350g polenta flour
- 2 eggs
- 10g salt
- 90g grated parmesan cheese
- 5g nutmeg
- 150g flour
- 60ml truffle oil
For the cheese sauce
- 1l Double Cream
- 600g Grated Grana Padano cheese
- 2 eggs yolks
- 25ml Worcester sauce
- 8g salt
- 5g nutmeg
- 5g white pepper
- 20 g fresh truffle on top (optional)
- 1. Wash the potatoes and add to a pan of cold water, add 2 dessert spoons of rock salt, add to the heat and bring to the boil. Boil the potatoes until they’re cooked through and soft. Drain and remove from the pan while the potatoes are still warm, peel and mash until smooth.
- 2. Prepare a mixture of truffle oil, nutmeg, parmesan, salt and black pepper, eggs and polenta flour and add the mixture to the mashed potato, mix together well. Add the flour gradually in small quantities and mix together, creating a dough.
- 3. While the dough is still warm use a cold spoon and form each giant gnocchi, toss in polenta flour so the flour covers fully.
- 4. To make the cheese sauce
- 5. Pour the double cream into a pan and add to the heat, as the cream heats through and comes to the boil add the Grana Padano cheese, salt, black pepper, Worcester sauce and egg yolks, whisk all the ingredients together and leave to cool slightly. To finish, add the mixture to a blender, blend until smooth and transfer back into a pan to heat through before serving.
- 6. Finally to cook the gnocchi, add vegetable oil to a pan and heat through, take each gnocchi and add to a hot pan, cook through, turning frequently until they form a light brown colour.
- 7. Serve the cheese sauce warm with the gnocchi and finish with a drizzle of truffle oil. Enjoy!