Stir-fried chicken and prawns with soba noodles and pickled ginger make up this classic Wagamama dish
110g (4oz) soba noodles
2 tablespoons yaki soba sauce
1 small onion, peeled, cut into half-moon slices
4 spring onions, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm (1in) lengths
Large handful of bean sprouts
15 small cooked peeled prawns
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into strips
½ red pepper, trimmed, deseeded and cubed
½ green pepper, trimmed, deseeded and cubed
2 eggs, beaten
25g (1oz) pickled ginger
1 tablespon dried shallots
½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
2. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
3. Put the yaki soba sauce, the onion, spring onion, beansprouts and prawns in a large bowl and mix in the noodles.
4. Heat a wok over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking and add the vegetable oil.
5. Add the chicken and red and green peppers and stir fry for 2 minutes.
6. Add the noodles and vegetables to the woke and stir fry quickly for 3 minutes until warmed through.
7. Add the eggs and continue to stir fry for a further minute or until the eggs and just cooked.
8. Serve with the pickled ginger, shallots and sesame seeds.
DON’T MISS ANOTHER ISSUE!