A twist on classic mulled wine, pear takes centre stage in this warming drink.
1 litre pear cider
250ml pomegranate juice
200ml dark rum, plus an extra splash
60g caster sugar
2 star anise
1/2 tbsp whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
- Pour the pear cider into a large pan
- Squeeze the juice from the clementines, keeping the peel, and then add both to the pan
- Add the pomegranate juice, dark rum, caster sugar, star anise and whole cloves
- Bring to a gentle simmer
- Cook on a low heat for 40 minutes
- Add a splash of rum
- Keep over a low heat and ladle into glasses
DON’T MISS ANOTHER ISSUE!