A twist on classic mulled wine, pear takes centre stage in this warming drink.
1 litre pear cider
250ml pomegranate juice
200ml dark rum, plus an extra splash
60g caster sugar
2 star anise
1/2 tbsp whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1. Pour the pear cider into a large pan
2. Squeeze the juice from the clementines, keeping the peel, and then add both to the pan
3. Add the pomegranate juice, dark rum, caster sugar, star anise and whole cloves
4. Bring to a gentle simmer
5. Cook on a low heat for 40 minutes
5. Add a splash of rum
6. Keep over a low heat and ladle into glasses
DON’T MISS ANOTHER ISSUE!