The ‘BOSH!’ boys, Henry Firth and Ian Theasby, have created this delicious pasta dish with olives, garlic, chillies, broccoli, and capers.
2 small red chillies, fresh or dried
20g flat-leaf parsley
10 Kalamata olives
4 garlic cloves
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp capers, plus 1 tbsp of brine from the jar
½ tsp salt, plus a little extra
220g Tenderstem broccoli
Large saucepan on a medium-high heat | Large saucepan of boiling salted water on a high
1. Rip the stems from the chillies, cut them in half lengthways and remove the seeds if you
prefer a milder sauce, and finely chop. Separate the parsley stalks and finely chop, reserving
the leaves for later. Stone and roughly chop the olives.
2. Peel two of the garlic cloves. Pour two tablespoons of the oil into the empty saucepan, crush in
the garlic and add the chillies, parsley stalks, olives and capers and stir for 2–3 minutes. Add
the ½ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon of the salty brine water from the jar of capers. Leave
to cook for a minute, then add the passata. Taste and season with salt if necessary. Turn the
heat to medium and leave to simmer while you move on to the next step.
3. Add the spaghetti to the pan of boiling water along with the remaining 2 garlic cloves.
Cook until al dente, following the instructions on the packet.
4. Meanwhile, carefully slice the broccoli stems from top to bottom, creating thin strips. Add
these to the spaghetti pan for the last 30 seconds of cooking time to quickly soften. Drain
the pasta and broccoli in a colander and return them to the pan. Pour over the sauce.
5. Roughly chop the parsley leaves and add them to the pan. Pour over the remaining 2
tablespoons of oil and squeeze over the juice of a whole lemon, catching any pips in your
other hand. Mix everything together and serve immediately.
DON’T MISS ANOTHER ISSUE!